SENIOR CARE PROGRAM
The results of the Quality of Life Assessment - the areas where scores are found to be low - will be used to create a custom exercise program for the senior citizen, planned and implemented by a Healyos physiotherapist experienced in geriatric care.
What are the goals of the program?
- To identify musculoskeletal issues like arthritis and manage them early on.
- To maintain normal functioning as long as possible.
- To enable each patient to perform their daily activities as independently as possible.
- To optimise health and utilise exercise to slow the progression of age-related changes.
What does the program consist of?
- A mobility and stretching program.
- A strength and conditioning routine.
- Balance and coordination exercises.
All the above are given taking into consideration the patient’s abilities and any medical conditions they may have. It is taught by a Healyos physiotherapist, who will regularly follow up with you to make sure you are progressing as expected, and alter the program accordingly.
Not only does regular exercise ensure mobility and independence, it has been shown to have effects such as regulating blood pressure, blood sugar, triglyceride levels, etc. It also benefits mood and memory.